South Dakota Race for the Cure
Falls Park, Downtown Sioux Falls | September 28, 2014
NEW THIS YEAR! Purchase a tulip for Suzy's Garden as a beautiful way to honor a survivor or in memory of a loved one whose journey has ended. Tulips are $15 each and can be purchased during the online registration process or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Tulips will be available for you at packet pick-up Saturday before the Race, or on Race morning. Then, bring your decorated tulip to the Race and place it in Suzy's Garden to be displayed. Tulips can be brought home after the Race.
Why we need your support:
Every step counts! Your donation provides women and men in South Dakota with services which have literally saved lives. In 2014, you will help make the following programs possible:
- All Women Count (SD Dept of Health): Provides screening mammograms and breast cancer follow up diagnostics for eligible uninsured women age 30-64.
- Custer Health, Standing Rock Reservation Mobile Mammography Outreach: Addresses accessibility and breast health education through a mobile unit which travels to the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation.
- Faulkton Area Medical Center, Breast Health, Screening and Survivorshp Programs: Educates women on the importance of early detection, offers free services to rural, elderly and Hutterrite women who do not quality for other assistance programs and provides a survivorship program.
- Gundersen Medical Foundation, Screening Native American women in South Dakota: Mobile mammography unit provides free screening and breast health education to women on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.
- John T. Vucurevich Regional Cancer Care Institute, Healing Pathways: Supports rural, medically underserved breast cancer patients by providing travel assistance to receive treatment and attend survivorship programs.
We also invest 25% of Race proceeds toward innovative breast cancer research in our quest to find better treatments and the cure.
Locally presented by: